Friday, March 8, 2013

Green Book Details

I thought I would share some of the details on the Green book.  These are also new items from The Artsy Soul and I just LOVE them.  I can see lots of possibilities for using them on dolls too!  First is the open/close lock.  this one has a flower on it  but there are lots of different ones - with a heart, cross, to name a few.  The Key is also from the shop.  Just a touch of Gilder's paste (hard to see the flower is actually pink!) and Inca Gold Rose.  This lock has a ring at one end and the larger ring opens wit a lever.

Now on to the charms.  The book has 8 tails so 8 charms.  I used metal flower buttons on the top and threaded two stands through each one to hide the knots.  They are also colored with Gilsders paste and Inca Gold.  The charms are from left to right:  Clay flower - notice the bail on top - also from the Artsy Soul.  Love how easy it maked creating charms from different things.  Also easier than adding a jump ring (for me anyway!) Next is one of the new leaves with some Judikins embossing powder to add color, a brass charm I had with Patina Gilders paste, another clay flower, this one a rose, embossed metal disc (used a Vintaj embossing folder) with more Judikins embossing powder, another metal disc, the blue flower is from a bracelet given me by my dear friend Victoria Adams Brown, and the last item is a small metal butterfly with bail and Gilders paste color.  This was from the clearance section at either Michael's or AC Moore.

No comments: