Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Gelli plate games again!

was looking at the gelli plate blog   http://gelliarts.blogspot.com/ and came a cross two videos I had to try.  One involved making your own texture plate with canvas board and molding paste.  I really liked doing this but was a little disappointed with some of the results and found I needed to apply the paint very thin and not press the plate too hard for the impressions to be best.  I also wash my plates after and think I will seal them so they clean easier in the future.  Here are the plates and the results.
Plates using 5"x7" canvas boards.

Finished papers.
next was applying paint to the gelli plate, letting it dry, then pulling it up with packing tape.  I used clear glitter. Perfect pearls, glitter paste on the back side.  Now to figure out what to do with them.
The bottom has copper glitter paste and perfect learls powder.  I think that's my favorite.  Second has gold and micro pearl powders and rock candy glitter (used basting spray to apply glitter), third has gold precious metals paint and tarnished silver and dark purple mica powders.  I use both perfect pearls and pearled.  Found this worked best with perfect medium.  This was cheap tape and not that sticky.  I forgot what I used on the top one.

No comments: