Wednesday, August 5, 2015

More about "The Emporer's New Clothes-His Vision"

I almost didn't enter this year's Hoffman Challenge.  My MIL Helen passed away in December 2014 at the age of 98 (she used to say she was getting old!)  She lived with us for almost 10 years until her Dementia got too bad for us to deal with on a 24 hr basis.  Around the same time, my Mother started to decline.  She was in Hopice since October, 2014 and sadly passed away in January at the age of 94. My siblings and I decided the best thing to do with my Father, who also has Dementia, was put him into an assisted living and sell his house. This was a hard decision - they had the house built in 1963 and lived there for 52 years.  As we were  cleaning out the house and disposing of their beautiful possessions, I kept looking at this one statue my mother had.  It was a colorful happy emporer. I started him the end of June, we went on vacation for a week the beginning of July so ready or not when I got home, he had to be mailed!  I think my Mother was watching over my shoulder.  He won Second Place. (you can see previous posts for his pics)  He is also perched on a base from her collection.  Thanks Mother.

1 comment:

Shashi Nayagam said...

How wonderful! Certainly your mother was inspiring you all along and you have done her proud. Congratulations! He is awesome