Saturday, January 14, 2017

An Experiment....

I got an idea for a new project - maybe a class - using a piece of jewelry I found on a jacket I was getting ready to donate.  I also wanted to use a die I have had for a matchbox.  I first cut it out in chip board but the material was too thick.  Tried a thinner board but still too thick so went to card stock and though it was still a little tight, it worked.  I had to re-do some of the folds, but it works.  I covered the outer slide with embossed metal tape then added a medallion on the front with that lovely pin.  I also added some rhinestone chain from a flea market find necklace.  The top piece of the box is a metal filagree medallion I folded in half and the bottom embellishment was from thrift store find and it included the chain!  Perfect.  Decided to put a little fold out album inside with pics of the grands.  Now that it is done - NO WAY will I do this as a class!  took too much time, too fussy and a bit frustrating with the die!  But overall, pleased with the final results.


1 comment:

Shashi Nayagam said...

It is really very beautiful. I bet you are glad that you did not get rid of the Jewellery