Thursday, July 19, 2007

Scrapping

After doing the cover of the scrapbook for the wedding, I thought I would make a scrapbook of my dolls. First, I bought a book I liked that took 8.5 x 11" pages. This book is covered with hand-made paper with leaf skeletons. I used a stamp to make the paper doll, embossing powders to give her body texture, a polymer clay mold for the head, velvet leaves for her bodice, fabric strips and trim for her skirt. The saying in the ribbon is "From the seeds of my" and is embossed craft foam treated with pearlex powders and dimensional paints. The word "Imagination" at the bottom is polymer clay. The sunflower behind her head is a stamp done on sheer fabric covered with pink, orange and yellow tissue paper, painted with Lummiere Halo Pink Gold paint, then sprinkled with Halo Blue embossing powder. The stamp was done in gold then cut out and highlighted with gold dimensional paint.Of course the first pages are of "The Secret Garden". I used scraps of the fabrics, the words are from the challenge pages that had the fabrics pictured and I shrunk a scan of the original sketch I did. The photos are on a background of a piece of the challenge fabric. I still have to make a title/intro page. Just not sure what dolls I will be adding. I sure did have fun though!

No comments: