Thursday, April 11, 2013

Working on New Pattern


I will be teaching a class in Michigan in May (http://dancingwithdolls.com/-spring-workshop.html ) and am working on finishing the pattern.  I find that the pics I took during the initial design process are never enough and wind up making another doll or two.  I wanted also to have a incomplete doll with me so I can use her for demo purposes.  I will be teaching a cloth over clay over cloth head with messy mix finish so had to make at least one of them too.  So here are the heads in process.  The first one, flesh toned, is from Soughern Belle, the other two, white, are from Pimatex PFD (prepared for dying) which is washed and preshrunk.  Amazing how much stretch is in the unwashed fabric!  I may have to include a resized head if using preshrunk fabric!

The two uncolored heads are for a new witch.  One of them is going to be for the clay over.  Can you guess which on?

Here are two heads done.  The flesh colored one and the new witch one.
Now to finish the last one.  Just applied the messy mix and waiting for it to dry, then a little sanding with brown paper and adding color.  I am really not the best with clay, but So far, so good!  Like anything else, it takes practice and I haven't made a new sculpted head in months!  Yikes!

No comments: