Saturday, September 6, 2014

Playing with pencils

While away, I traveled with a sketchbook I made with multimedia paper as a class sample.  Figured I should use it!  I also brought pens and pencils.  I just purchased Derwent  Color soft (markdown at AC Moore from $70 to $16!!!! WOWZA!!!) and some inktense pencils, both I had not used.  I also had a mix of Derwent watercolor and regular, prisma watercolor and regular and Portfolio regular and watercolor.  I made a few sketches-had less time than I thought I would!  Here is my sad Medusa.  Her face is watercolor and regular colored pencils that I use on my dolls.  The large snake with the white ridge is inktrnse and the remaining snakes are color soft (which I really like so far) and my old prisma/Derwent/portfolio pencils.  I blended the Inktense with a slightly damp makeup sponge.  I may do the sane to thr rattlesnake using mineral spirits but afraid that will sink into thr paper.  So far, the paper has not bled at all- not the ink pens or the water.  After looking at the finished product, I know why I don't enjoy sketching!  Next one Is a collage of papers I collected.  Want to see how glue affects the paper.

1 comment: